[cvsnt] Re: How to use ampersand or alias modules and get the top level files?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Feb 11 13:02:09 GMT 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

> If I understand this correctly, when working with modules in this
> manner you have to:
>
> 1- Update sandboxes using the same command you used for checkout (not
> the update command),

Yes.

> and
>
> 2- Keep the module file up to date with any file and directory
> additions.

Yes, but only if they are not already covered by existing recursive
module definitions, i.e. given the previous example:

> > ModuleFiles -d ModuleAmp RepoModule File1 File2 File3
> > ModuleAmp &AnotherModule &YetAnotherModule
> > MyModule -a ModuleFiles ModuleAmp

...if you add files or folders below AnotherModule or YetAnotherModule
then there is no need to update the modules file. This would only be
necessary if you add stuff to RepoModule (or somewhere entirely else
obviously).

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver