[cvsnt] Using BEA.....What does this error message mean?

Trautvetter, Eric erictrautvetter at fairisaac.com
Tue Feb 15 14:17:53 GMT 2005

Hi -

    I'm using BEA Weblogic 8.1 to do any updates or commits to my
repository.  At the same time I have WinCvs open and have used it to
login to the repository.    When I try to do an update I get the
following message:

cvs update: cannot log in as local user 'JWackerm', remote user
'jwackerm'
cvs [update aborted]: Permission denied by rshd

            (JWackerm is the user Im trying to connect with)

Has anyone seen this message before?  How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Eric