[cvsnt] How to force CVSNT users to write a comment when comminting changes?

Juan Carlos Becerra Irene juan.becerra at servmet.com
Fri Feb 18 15:25:04 GMT 2005

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a way to force CVSNT users to write a comment
for the log?

I've been trying to make my colleagues write a log, but they usually forget
it. The problems (as you might know) arise later when trying to figure out
what is inside each revision.

Many of my colleagues are new to CVS (and even to Source Control), and are
reluctant to do it.

I was advised in the Tortoise-CVS list to use the verifymsg script but I
don't have any idea of how to do it in windows (the provided examples are
for Linux)

Thank you in advance

Juan Carlos