[cvsnt] Re: taginfo script reaches max number of pipes and exits + tag filename passing

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 06:21:31 GMT 2005

Albe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've been getting made for 1 month, by now, on 2 problems regarding the
> file tagging and the taginfo file.
>
> The first is that if i do a single or multiple chosen file tag, only the
> module name is passed (like if i did an rtag of a module) and NOT the
> filename.

FYI, there is a problem with taginfo with 2.0.58d:  The file name is not
passed, but rather the pointer value to the file name, making it
worthless for any script to use.  Tony hasn't back-ported the fix, but I
believe it is fixed in the latest RC (haven't had much time for checking
the latest release).

> The second is much more complicated (to me)...

Me too -- can't help there I'm afraid.

--
Glen Starrett