[cvsnt] performence problem

Stéphane Nicoll Stephane.Nicoll at bsb.com
Wed Feb 23 10:30:02 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am still *very* confused. I made more tests today, please comment if you have ideas.

At the same time, I am doing the following operations:

1/ Checkout of the entire repository on the server itself using a CVSROOT like that :pserver:sni at localhost:/ourRepo
2/ Update of the repository on my local box using command cvs update -dP

% Idle time of both disks (repository and CVSNT temp session) is almost 80%

Result:

1/ Checkout is *very slow* (WTF, idle time is high, what could be the problem? Not network, I am using localhost)
2/ I had to wait almost 5mins before seing anything printed on my console

Any idea?

Best regards,
Stéphane