[cvsnt] Re: taginfo script reaches max number of pipes and exits + tag filename passing

Albe abilene at tin.it
Thu Feb 24 22:17:32 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund ha scritto:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:57:57 +0100, Albe <abilene at tin.it> wrote:
>

> The taginfo handling is broken on 2.0.58d so you can't use it to get
> the file names. Been fixed as of 2.0.62.1817, but there are other bugs
> instead. I think the release candidate has this OK now.
>
> I don't understand your fix, but if you have moved the list of files
> back to the argument list of the taginfo script call then you will
> face a big problem down the line. Originally the files were passed on
> the command line but as soon as the combined length of the file names
> thus passed reached about 4-5 kbytes then taginfo collapsed.
> So a couple of years ago the file list was moved from command line to
> STDIN instead.
>

> /Bo
> (Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)

thanks for the answer.

well, the fix it's quite trivial: in the function rtag_fileproc() we've
made a call to a custom function which handles the exec of the desired
shell command. The values passed to the function are the rcsfile->path
and the tag action (nothing for "del", "add" or "mov" in case of a
forse_tag_move condition).

the problem you're mentioning it's not present, since i'm tagging 10000+
files simultaneously without a glitch now.

no answers on the piping problem though. do you know if it has been
fixed on the new RC or on the cpp development version?

thanks again.

albe