[cvsnt] Re: Can't get cvsnt installed on FreeBSD, please help

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Jan 2 09:20:31 GMT 2005

Kristoffer Skjutare wrote:
> CVSROOT =:pserver:username at serverip:2401:/home/cvsroot/cvstest
>
> Then I got the following error:
> :pserver:kristoffer at pugnax.com:2401:/home/cvsroot/cvstest

What error?  Looking at your Repository0Name though, you should use:

:pserver:kristoffer at pugnax.com:2401:/cvstest

I don't know much about BSD though, so I can't help you with the sys
specific problems.  Others here likely can though.

Try running the CVSNT server in debug mode (pass -t -t -t to cvs), e.g.

cvs -t -t -t info

... and report what you see.  The *_protocol files (in
/usr/local/lib/cvsnt/ on my system) are loaded to determine which
protocols CVS supports.

--
Glen Starrett