SV: [cvsnt] Re: Can't get cvsnt installed on FreeBSD, please help

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun Jan 2 22:40:31 GMT 2005

Kristoffer Skjutare wrote:
> So I removed -t -t -t from inetd.conf an ran it again
>
> /etc/inetd.conf looking like this
> cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs -f
> --allow-root=/home/cvsroot pserver
>
> I found this line in the inetd.conf file so i uncommented this and
> commented the one I wrote.
>
> The result from cvs login is now
>
> # cvs -t -t -t login
>   -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 319
>   -> Session ID is 13f41d7d8ca0a3b
>   -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:username at servername:/cvstest
>   -> wrap_add(*.gif -kb, 0, 0)
[snip]
> Logging in to :pserver:username at servername:2401:/cvstest
> CVS password:
>   -> Config file name /root/.cvs/cvspass
>   -> Config file name /root/.cvs/cvspass
> cvs [login aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN AUTH REQUEST
> #

It might have something to do with your chroot parameters, but I'm not
sure.  You might try it without the allow-root param, just to see if
that's the problem.  Check the user's permissions to the repository too.

Just a stab in the dark here, that same command works fine on my FC2
system (but I don't use a chroot either).

--
Glen Starrett