[cvsnt] Re: Can't get cvsnt installed on FreeBSD, please help

Julian Brierley julianbrierley at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:48:05 GMT 2005

Kristoffer Skjutare wrote:

> cvs info
>
> when I ran it I got this:
> Available protocols:
>
> local               (internal)
>
> So there was the problem cvs couldn't find the protocols.
>
> To the question:
> How can I make cvsnt understand that they are installed? (the .so files
> are in the lib/cvsnt/ directory)

Copy the built *_protocol.la files from
/usr/ports/devel/cvsnt/work/cvsnt-2.0.51/protocols to
/usr/local/lib/cvsnt and it should then work.

The cvsnt code looks for *_protocol.la files (see library_unix.c
enumerate_protocols function). I have found only the .so files are
copied during the install on FreeBSD.

I hope that helps. I have been running a cvsnt server on FreeBSD for
some time now without any issues.

Regards,
Julian