[cvsnt] CVSNT login issues

Thoppay, Vignesh (GE Consumer & Industrial) vignesh.thoppay at ge.com
Mon Jan 10 11:14:30 GMT 2005

Hello CVSNT Experts,

       I have an issue working with CVSNT. Can you please help me to resolve it?

Created a repository named "CmsRepository".
Added the following modules to CmsRepository:
      1. Module1
      2. Module2

Steps to reproduce the issue:

Step1:
>From the command prompt, go to a folder. Let us say"D:\testCVSNT" and execute the following commands:
  set cvsroot=:pserver:user1:pass at machine:/CvsRepository
  cvs login

Step2:
 cvs checkout Module1  (Assuming Module1 exist in CvsRepository)

Step3:
  cvs logout

Step4:
   Login with a different user name
   set cvsroot=:pserver:user2:pass2 at machine:/CvsRepository
   cvs login

I get  a output from CVSNT as

Logging in to :pserver:user1 at machine:2401:/CvsRepository

Please note that, though I have changed the user from user1 to user2, it is still logging in as user1.
Can any body explain this behaviou? I am I doing something wrong over here? Please throw some light on this.

Thanks,
Vignesh