[cvsnt] "Floating" Tags?

Merrill Cornish merrill.cornish at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 16:34:18 GMT 2005

Oliver,

You were right.  I didn't fully understand what you were implying when you said "module."

Are the virtual modules unique to CVSNT?  I'm running CVSNT client, but the repository is plain old CVS on Linux.

Next, even if we had a CVSNT repository, it looks like the module definitions have to be done on the server by the Administrator.  I don't have that kind of access.

Finally, I find the command line tedious (which, on this mailing list, makes me a lower form of life :-) ), and I try to stick to WinCVS or Tortoise.

On the other hand, it does sound like CVSNT's virtual modules perform the function of floating tags.  Perhaps, the definitions of virtual modules could be accomplished by attaching special tags to files rather than editing server configuration files.

Merrill