[cvsnt] Lockserver question

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Tue Jan 11 17:27:05 GMT 2005

Glen Starrett wrote:
> Koen wrote:
>> -------------
>> In D:\Koen\Temp: "E:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q"
>> "checkout" "-P" "module"
>> CVSROOT=:pserver:adminuser at ipem.ugent.be:/cvsTest
>> cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real
>> password cvs [server aborted]: Repository directory
>> F:/CVSRepositories/cvsTest does not exist: Permission denied
>> Error, CVS operation failed
>> ----------------
>>

> This problem happens after upgrading when the CVS users don't have at
> least read access to each directory *above* the repository in addition
> to the repository itself.  Check F:/, F:/CVSRepositories, and
> F:/CVSRepositories/cvsTest.  Each should allow read for all CVS users.

That doesn't help:

F:/
    everyone full control (so this includes the cvs users)

F:/CVSRepositories
    CVSAdministrators: Full control
    CVSUsers: All except Full control
    CVSGuests: All except Full control, Modify, Write

F:/CVSRepositories/cvsTest
    same as for F:/CVSRepositories

So my cvs users definitely have at least read access to each directory
above the repository in addtition to the repository itself...

I also tried adding the cvs users explicitely next to the "everyone"
user for the F:/ drive, to no avail...

I am giving permissions through my CVS user groups (who currently only
contain 1 CVS user each, see previous message). So cvs user "normaluser"
maps to "CVSUser" which is contained in the CVSUsers group which is used
in the security settings for the directories. Can that be a problem?
Any other ideas?

Is it possible that somehow the mapping of the cvs users to the Windows
users is going wrong somewhere (although my passwd file seems correct
and I double-checked the user names, and it does work for the
"guestuser" cvs user)?

Koen