[cvsnt] Lockserver question

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Tue Jan 11 17:51:17 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:27:05 +0100, "Koen" <no at ssppaamm.com> wrote:
>

>> Is it possible that somehow the mapping of the cvs users to the
>> Windows users is going wrong somewhere (although my passwd file
>> seems correct and I double-checked the user names, and it does work
>> for the "guestuser" cvs user)?
>>

> Try using :sspi: instead (just for checking). No login and no user
> spec, just reuses the windows login user on the workstation.

Thanks for the hint Bo!

But I think I just discovered something: if I set the permissions of my
directories using the windows user names directly (so NOT using the 3
security groups, but the single members they currently contain) it seems
works!
Is this a bug? I mean: the windows users I am mapping the cvs users to
ARE each members of their respective security groups (and it did work
before like that).
Or did I miss something somewhere (might well be, you know)?

Is this normal, or should I worry about it?
(just thinking for myself now if eliminating the security groups I made
and just using the 3 windows users could have any impact on my
organization... hmmm... need to check this...)

Koen