[cvsnt] Re: Revision 1.0 and branches

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Jan 12 16:29:12 GMT 2005

Stéphane Nicoll wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> We upgrade our CVSNT server from 2.0.2 to 2.0.58d. Since then, I have
> a very very annoying problem! Some files are not in one of our branch
> anymore. I checked a little bit and found all files with revision 1.0
> were not in branch (instead, I have the latest from HEAD)
>
> Does anybody has any clue what's wrong?

The should never be any files with that revision number in a cvs
repository - it's treated specially within the system.  If 2.0.2 allowed
this then it was a bug in that version.

*never* force revision numbers within CVS.

> I then checkouted my branch and added manually the files which were
> missing to force a new revision. When a do a CVS commit, my cvs
> client hangs up : I am not able to commit.

You may have to manually edit the RCS files to remove the bogus revision
numbers.  It's possible an admin -o might work, but it'll just a likely
remove HEAD...