[cvsnt] Re: Revision 1.0 and branches

Stéphane Nicoll Stephane.Nicoll at bsb.com
Fri Jan 14 07:07:45 GMT 2005

Tony,

> The should never be any files with that revision number in a cvs repository [...]
> *never* force revision numbers within CVS.

I know CVS quite well. It's very old commmit which were made a few years ago. I have to deal with that unfortunately.

> You may have to manually edit the RCS files to remove the bogus revision
> numbers.

Ok If I have revisions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 what can I do? I have branches made on those revisions as well, I found a way to move the branch tag to 1.1 but I am not sure it's very clean.

Cheers,
Stéphane