[cvsnt] Newbie question about running under windows

Hines, John john.hines at cingular.com
Sat Jan 15 00:09:11 GMT 2005

 I have cvsnt installed on my box and can do all the stuff I want to do
using local.  I would like to give other users access to the repository so I
made the C:/Repositories directory sharable for Everyone and SYSTEM.  I
though a syntax like

cvs -d
:sspi;username=myWindowsUserName;password=myWindowsPassword;hostname=myBoxNa
me;port=2401:/Repositories/telepos8_4_0 init

On my local box would allow me to see how the system would respond to the
other uses by creating a new repository.  But, I get this response.

cvs -d
:sspi;username=myWindowsUserName;password=myWindowsPassword;hostname=myBoxNa
me;port=240... init
cvs [init aborted]: /Repositories/telepos8_4_0: no such repository

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I'm confused, yes, there is no telepos8_4_0 - that's what I'm trying to
create.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?