[cvsnt] Re: Problems with 2.0.62.1849....

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 17 20:21:57 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

> 2) The list of files and versions is no longer coming in as they did before
> in the last call argument.
>
> All previous versions sent the module name followed by the file,revision
> list as the last parameter of the call.

This one does too - not sure why your script is seeing it as different
arguments.  The cvsnt-commits messages are generated by a perl script
under Unix that has the same requirements.

Perhaps Win32 is doing something odd to the argument list...

> 3) The $CVSPID does not supply the same number as before...
> I use CVSPID to find the process information for the CVSNT instance calling
> the script.
> I do this in order to create a separate temp dir for each cvs process to
> store consolidating information in.

The only thing you can guarantee about CVSPID is it's the same for
scripts called by the same process.  It may or may not be useful for
anything else.. On win32 and Unix it's the result of getpid()... not
necessarily on all platforms though.

Sending it as a hex number is bizarre... I didn't know the old version
did that.

> 4) In 1849 the $CVSROOT does not transfer the root used by the call.
> What is instead thrown in is the physical path to the root, of course this
> plays havoc with the parsing of the data too.

You could replace $CVSROOT with %r/%p, and it'd do the same.  I'm not
sure that $CVSROOT should be virtual though, as you can't do things like
'echo foo >>$CVSROOT/output' otherwise.

OTOH I'd rather maintain backward compatibility as much as possible, so
I may have to reimplement the problem!

> Should I go on sending my findings to you or should I post something to the
> group as well??

Best to CC the group so it gets archived.