[cvsnt] Re: Problems with 2.0.62.1849....

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 17 21:59:44 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> The thing is that if a call parameter is surrounded by double quotes
> in the loginfo script line then it behaves as before. So this can be
> solved using another edit to the scriptfile.

Shouldn't be necessary in that case - Win32 should behave as Unix,
otherwise it's not portable.  I've got to find a way around it but no
idea how at the moment.  I am passing the requisite number of quotes to
CreateProcess...

> I need the process identifier to go backwards to the calling cvs.exe
> process in order to separate them if there are many simultaneous
> calls. I once upon a time relied on the PID number itself, but it was
> not good enough since Windows resused PID:s quite early after an old
> process had terminated so there were mixups. Now (since years ago) I
> use PID to query Windows for more data on the cvs process and I use
> this to separate the calls from each other.

The sessionid is more unique, although not so easily parsable into
anything sensible.

> BUT, in build 1849 I have yet to be able to do this, it seems like the
> suplied PID is not the cvs.exe process id or something else is
> screwing things up. I am trying to track this down now, but it is hard
> since I cannot use the debugger on this problem. Must add logging code
> and run trials...

It is the PID... looks the same as the one in task manager to me.
OTOH if you cleanup on postcommand there's no problem with just using
the pid as it can't get reused until you've finished.