[cvsnt] How does cvsnt.cpl check if the cvs service is installed?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jan 17 23:38:44 GMT 2005

For some reason on my test system I can install cvs 2.0.62.1849 fine
using the Innosetup setup I created from the iss script that I got
from cvsnt via cvs and modified to point to my source files.
But strangely the cvsnt.cpl application shows both Start and Stop
buttons greyed out and a message saying the cvs service is not
installed.
But it is, I can start and stop it from the command line and also from
AdministrativeTols/Services.

So I guess that there is something hidden in either the way the MSI
installer installs the service in a different way than before or in
how the detection is done from cvsnt.cpl nowadays.
So:
what exactly is cvsnt.cpl looking for when it decides thta cvs is not
installed? It manages to find lockserver all right...

If I grab the cvsnt.cpl file from 2.0.58d and use that then the
buttons light up properly!

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)