[cvsnt] CVS/Base Directory?

Rick Genter rgenter at silverlink.com
Wed Jan 19 17:18:44 GMT 2005

Merrill,

I believe that, as Bo indicated, the Base directory is used by the cvs
edit/unedit commands. If you had done a cvs unedit, cvs would have
restored your files from the Base directory. If you nuke the Base
directory, then I believe cvs unedit would no longer work.

The CVS folder is where CVS stores the data it requires to operate
correctly. Almost all programs "do things behind your back so that you
have no idea why it was done or what the consequences are". Visual
Studio .NET, for example, creates a bunch of binary files in your
project directory when you create/build a project. I don't know what
they are. Should I just delete them? Probably not if I want my project
to continue to work.

Rick

--
Rick Genter