[cvsnt] Do acls work together with the CVSROOT/group file in 2.0.58d or later?

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Thu Jan 20 13:18:57 GMT 2005

Hi All,

If I define a group in CVSROOT/group like this

tools_team: mwake bob jess

and within a previously checked out sandbox in WinCVS I highlight the
tools directory I wish to control and type the following in the output
window.

#Make sure I am the owner
cvs chown mwake

#By default deny all but read access to the tools directory
cvs chacl -a read,nowrite,notag,nocreate,nocontrol

#Allow the tools_team group to do stuff.
cvs chacl -u tools_team -a read,write,tag,create,control

When any of us try to make a change we are denied.

cvs lsacl looks like this.
Directory: .
Owner: mwake

user=tools_team
     read
     write
     create
     tag

<default>
     read
     write(deny)
     create(deny)
     tag(deny)
     control(deny)

Do I have to explicitly state each user or should there be/is there a
"-g" option or equivalent for chacl?

Cheers
Mikew