[cvsnt] configuring sspi on Linux server

Johnson, Mark Mark.Johnson2 at Ingenix.com
Mon Jan 24 19:07:59 GMT 2005

I am running my cvsnt server ( 2.0.58d-1) on RedHat ES 3.0 (recently
installed using rpm).

My clients have winCvs 1.3.20.3 Beta 20 (build3), which includes cvsnt
2.0.51d and are running on win2k and winXP.

Should I update the cvs.exe client on the windows machines?

I am trying to configure my linux server to authenticate against my
windows Active Directory server, through Pam (working w/ my IT group),
I think this may be done, but I'm not sure how to test it. Is there a
way to test the sspi setup w/out using cvs, to verify the authentication
configuration.  I cannot successfully login to cvs and/or checkout a
module.

I do not exactly know what all I have to setup for this to work.  Can
anyone point me to some good examples and/or setup/config instructions?

Thanks for your help

Mark A. Johnson

"Secure Server" made the following
 annotations on 01/24/2005 02:08:04 PM
------------------------------"This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately."