[cvsnt] Re: How to add files to repository when they are created automatically?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jan 26 11:06:23 GMT 2005

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> I'm using a lot of code generators in my java project to create new source
> code files. Tools like xdoclet. Is there a way to automatically detect new
> directories and files in a large and deep sandbox and add them to the
> repository?

If you really want it fully automatic, you need some sort of script or
program that does this. Either it hooks into the file system notifications
(Windows), or it runs in timed intervals.

But I'd do it semi-automatically, with a client tool like WinCvs or
TortoiseCVS. Both have a command that allows to add the contents of a
directory tree. In WinCvs, it's one of the macros that come with it; in
Tortoise it's a built-in command. I like Tortoise better.

With this, you run the "Add contents" command of either on your source tree
after you generated a bunch of files.

Gerhard