[cvsnt] cvs update is not updating

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Wed Jan 26 19:36:40 GMT 2005

Here is a simplified problem statement:

On the server I do this:
-bash-2.05b$ cd LifeGoesOm/src/dao/org/
-bash-2.05b$ ls
CVS     appfuse lgoesom
-bash-2.05b$ mkdir LifeGoesOm
-bash-2.05b$ cvs -d :ext:siegfried at localhost:/usr/local/cvsnt add LifeGoesOm
Password:
Password:
Directory /usr/local/cvsnt/LifeGoesOm/src/dao/org/LifeGoesOm added to the
reposi
tory
-bash-2.05b$ cvs -d :ext:siegfried at localhost:/usr/local/cvsnt commit -m
"Proper
 directory name to replace lgoesom"
Password:
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining LifeGoesOm
cvs commit: Examining appfuse
cvs commit: Examining appfuse/dao
cvs commit: Examining appfuse/dao/hibernate
cvs commit: Examining appfuse/model
cvs commit: Examining lgoesom
cvs commit: Examining lgoesom/dao
cvs commit: Examining lgoesom/dao/hibernate
cvs commit: Examining lgoesom/model
-bash-2.05b$

On the workstation I do this:

$ cd src/dao/org/

Administrator at fasolt /cygdrive/s/Documents and Settings/Siegfried/My
Documents/d
ev/AppFuse/LifeGoesOm/LifeGoesOm/src/dao/org
$ ls
CVS  appfuse

Administrator at fasolt /cygdrive/s/Documents and Settings/Siegfried/My
Documents/d
ev/AppFuse/LifeGoesOm/LifeGoesOm/src/dao/org
$ cvs -d :ssh:siegfried at 69.41.164.28:/usr/local/cvsnt  update
Password:**************
cvs update: Updating .
cvs update: Updating appfuse
cvs update: Updating appfuse/dao
cvs update: Updating appfuse/dao/hibernate
cvs update: Updating appfuse/model

Administrator at fasolt /cygdrive/s/Documents and Settings/Siegfried/My
Documents/d
ev/AppFuse/LifeGoesOm/LifeGoesOm/src/dao/org
$ ls
CVS  appfuse

Administrator at fasolt /cygdrive/s/Documents and Settings/Siegfried/My
Documents/d
ev/AppFuse/LifeGoesOm/LifeGoesOm/src/dao/org
$

Why don't I see the directory I just created on the server?

Thanks,
Siegfried