[cvsnt] Re: Checking 2.0.62.1861

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jan 27 19:40:20 GMT 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:08:15 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Glen Starrett wrote:
>> Make sure you include something in the upgrade notes that the info
>> commands need to be updated with this release if they were using \ for
>> path separator.
>
>Yes that's a tricky one... it'll work provide you're not using one of
>the standard \x charcters (n,r,t,b at the moment).
>
>It definately needs an entry in the release notes though.
>
>Tony

And you have to prohibit users from having login names starting with
these characters too (like myself...)
DOMINO\\bob does not work for example...

A side note:
What happens if a user is logged in as DOMINO\bob and we have a $USER
on the script command line?
Will CVSNT properly send DOMINO\bob to the script in that case (since
the string containing the backslash really did not come from the
loginfo file but from a cvs variable instead)???

If this is sent properly, indicating that the backslashes actually
only affect the parsing of the literal contents of the loginfo line,
then people can simply modify their script calls to use / instead of \
as the domain/name separator. I can let CVSMailer switch the direction
of the slash as soon as it is read in from the command line and thus
all will probably work.
But with some script line changes.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)