[cvsnt] How to surpress merge on cvs update?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Jan 28 03:26:33 GMT 2005

Thanks Gabriel, that update -d did the trick for the command line client!
Now if I could only get eclipse to do this! I checked eclipse and the
checkbox to create directories is checked! Arggghhhh!

Anyway, on a different topic:

When I do an update, how do I suppress a merge? I made some changes in
sandbox #1 and did a commit. Then I logged into another computer to perform
the build and did cvs update -d. This did a merge, however. Not what I
wanted.

I suppose I could have done a release and a commit but it is a large sandbox
and I only wanted two files. Unfortunately, ftp is not working and cvs is
the easiest way to transfer files (except for the fact it does a merge).

Looking at the help, I see that -m is the default for cvs update. How do I
say no merge, just overwrite?

Siegfried