[cvsnt] cvs update is not updating

Oliver Giesen ogiesen at gmx.net
Wed Jan 26 22:32:21 GMT 2005

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> At 26/1/2005 18:45, you wrote:
>
>> Only
>> file additions need to be committed. Also, a folder without files in it
>> will never be checked out.
>
> In fact, empty folders are checked out by default, unless you specify
> the -P option

No, that's not true. The -P option is used for removing directories that
have *become* empty in the course of an update, i.e. when all files have
been removed from them.

BTW: Unfortunately, unlike most other mailing lists, the CVSNT list does
not set the Reply-To header. Thus, in order to send your reply back to
the list instead of just to the original sender, you will have to
manually set the addressee back to the list when replying.
Alternatively, use Reply All and then manually remove the original
sender (usually the easier approach). I am told that there also exist
mail clients which actually have a "Reply to List" command.
Yet another alternative is to scrap email altogether and simply use the
NNTP mirror which is what I do: news://news.cvsnt.org/support.cvsnt

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org