[cvsnt] Problems over a LAN

Ben Pachol ben at bisonline.com
Thu Jan 27 15:29:25 GMT 2005

Hi.  I'm new to using cvs.  I have setup a repository and can pull files out of it locally.  Now, I'm trying to connect to that same repository over a LAN.

I keep getting this same error no matter what I do.  Note that pc146 is the computer name of the machine on the lan that contains the repository named cvsrepository.

cvs -d :server;hostname=pc146:/cvsrepository init
cvs [init aborted]: connect to pc146:514 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Any ideas????
thanks!