[cvsnt] Re: What does "it is in the way" mean?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 28 06:37:09 GMT 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:48:19 -0700, "Siegfried Heintze"
<siegfried at heintze.com> wrote:

>I just did a cvs update -d and I have two problems:
>
>(1) the Long list of files overflowed my screen buffer so I cannot scroll
>back and examine all the files that were merged and need to be edited.

Change the properties of the command window to have more lines in its
buffer...

>(2) What does it mean when it says "cvs update: move away
>src/web/org/appfuse/webapp/action/StudioForm.java; it is in the way"

You have created a file StudioForm.java in your sandbox. It is not yet
under CVS control. And another user has also created this file but
placed it into CVS and committed it. Now CVS on update wants to get
the file from the repository, but finds thta it cannot overwrite your
file since it is not under CVS control. CVS don't know what to do
about this file so it shows you the message.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)