[cvsnt] "Unrecognized Operation" error after 2.0.62.1862 upgrade

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jan 28 17:15:37 GMT 2005

After upgrading to 1862 test, a user committed a group of files.  Now I
get a new error from my repository:

 >cvs -q up -dP
cvs [server aborted]: unrecognized operation '\x9' in
F:/cvs/repositories/tools/Script Files/Full_1.sql,v

Just on the one file (that I've noticed).  It was committed after
upgrading to 2.0.62.1862.  The problem will repeat every time.  Renaming
the local file and repeating the update command allows me to fetch the
file, but there are still problems.

Looks like cvs log also is affected:

 >cvs log full_1.sql
cvs [server aborted]:           unrecognized operation '\x9' in
/tools/Script Files/Full_1.sql,v

 >cvs status full_1.sql
File: Full_1.sql        Status: Needs Patch

    Working revision:    1.5
    Repository revision: 1.6     /tools/ScriptFiles/Full_1.sql,v
    Expansion option:    kv
    Commit Identifier:   da441f9e261417d
    Sticky Tag:          (none)
    Sticky Date:         (none)
    Sticky Options:      -kkv
    Merge From:          (none)

 >cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.62.1862 (client/server)

Let me know if you need me to send you the ,v file.

--
Glen Starrett