[cvsnt] Re: ViewCvs incompatibility with 2.0.62.1863

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jan 29 12:49:54 GMT 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:08:21 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:34:32 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
>wrote:

Even more info:
If I add a binary file when the server is already build 1863 then the
problem does not appear.
So the real problem is that binary files that are added to the
repository when the server was an earlier version will corrupt or
something similar when a new revision is added to the file after the
server has been updated to version 2.0.62.1863.

On such files it will not even be possible to run a graph command from
WinCvs. Running status on the file is possible (without errors) but
not running log (from WinCvs), it fails with the message:

cvs log cvs.exe (in directory F:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsbin\)
cvs [server aborted]: 		unrecognized operation '\x0' in
/PC/CVSNT/cvsbin/cvs.exe,v

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I think there is a serious problem for people upgrading their servers
here!!!

As far as I can see it is impossible to retrieve anything from such
files.....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)