[cvsnt] Re: http://www.cvsnt.org/archive/ and WinCVS used versions (e.g. 2.0.51d)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jul 1 13:16:26 BST 2005

Bernhard Merkle wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> would it be possible to add the "old" (ok very old ;-) CVSNT versions
> which are used in WinCVS distribution back to the archive download area  ?

I don't have copies of them any more...  there's no point in using such
an old version.  There are many bugs fixed since and I don't support it
any more (the machine they were stored in is full and there's no space
for them anyway).

WinCVS support their own client which is fine (the client doesn't change
a lot anyway), but I'd strongly discourage anyone attempting to run a
server from such a version.

If you really want that retro experience you can checkout a version from
the source tree.. all the old revisions are there.