[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jul 6 19:39:37 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Gill Ernst wrote:
>
>> The 80090308 return code maps to SEC_E_INVALID_TOKEN, which means that
>> a security token was found to be improperly formatted.
>>
>> But I have no idea why it's working without username,
>> and NOT working with username (even when I force the domain name).
>>
> No idea.. I'd guess some kind of obscure misconfiguration but not idea
> what could cause it.. it's the kind of thing to ask a friendly MCSE to
> check up on if you know of any.  SSPI without a username just lets
> everything default.. it's the same thing that happens when you browse a
> network on a domain that you're logged into.

There have been numerous reports from people who have trouble with SSPI
when they send the username, but it works as expected as soon as they
remove it.  I'd doubt if the problem is 'obscure' on that basis, but
certainly easily worked around.  Perhaps something stemming from the
issue of only 1 authentication per server allowed from each client or a
conflict of the passed username when checking against the default
authentication token -- but I'm WAY out of my depth of understanding at
this point.

--
Glen Starrett