[cvsnt] Announcement Only Mailing list

keith d. zimmerman lists at kdz13.net
Thu Jul 7 17:02:33 BST 2005

>>somewhere out there on the www there is a rss2email python
>>script.  I've a
>>copy... somewhere... maybe...  I can look if you are
>>interested.  It's designed
>>to be run hourly from a crontab.
>>
>>-kz
>>

> kz,
> 	Now I've got something to potentially work with.  I'll start
> looking for it too.  My configuration is on a Windows Server 2003 box,
> can you think of any reason why that would be a problem?  Other than a
> lack of sendmail.  I've already got something to substitute for that.
> 	Thanks in advance.

> Grant Mills

It could be...  IIRC the program was written in python.  I'm not sure what kind
of support for sending e-mail exists in python on windows server.  I'm sure
there is something, but the script would need to be tweaked.

http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/rss2email/

That's the script.  Or it's home at least.

-kz