[cvsnt] :sserver: setup.

Mike Wake mike.wake at thales-tts.com
Fri Jul 8 11:14:10 BST 2005

Hi All,

This is a question about getting sserver to work using a server running
Linux.

<quote from http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux>
In addition to these steps, the /etc/cvsnt/cert.pem file must be made
available to the clients.
</quote>

How is this to be done.  Do I have to manually edit the ca.pem file
/usr/local/lib/cvsnt/ca.pem ?
Do windows users have to edit their ca.pem in C:/Program Files/cvsnt/ca.pem?

Also the link to the script
(See the script on [WWW]
http://lena.franken.de/linux/create_certificate.html for an easier way
to do this).
seems to bear no resemblence to the instructions below it.

Also the instruction to do
/usr/lib/ssl/misc/CA.pl -newreg-nodes
doensn't work
/usr/lib/ssl/misc/CA.pl -newreq-nodes
on the other hand does.

If I get this going I promise to update the InstallationLinux
instructions for :sserver: on the Wiki.  Tony can you please enable my
account, MikeWake, with write access.

Cheers
Mikew