[cvsnt] CVSNT SSL problem

Sascha Konrad konradsa at cse.msu.edu
Fri Jul 8 16:11:50 BST 2005

Hello,

Using an SSL connection to my CVSNT server suddenly stopped working. I
looked in the FAQ and discussion groups, but nobody seems to be able to
help me.

TortoiseCVS always gives me the message:

cvs.exe checkout: SSL connection failed (-1):
error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: Connection to server failed

or

cvs checkout: SSL connection failed (-1): error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
cvs [checkout aborted]: Connection to server failed

depending on from what machine I try to connect to the CVS server.

I am using 2.5.01.1976, I think an upgrade to 2001 broke it. But no
matter what I do now (un- and reinstall CVSNT, Tortoise, etc.), I can't
seem to be able to revive the SSL connection. Pserver and the like work
fine though. Does anybody have any suggestions?

-- Sascha