[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT SSL problem

Sascha Konrad konradsa at cse.msu.edu
Fri Jul 8 16:42:10 BST 2005

Ok, here is the messages I get in an interactive run:

C:\Documents and Settings\konradsa>cvsservice -test
CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1976 (May 23 2005) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to D:\cvstemp
Initialising socket...Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Couldn't register with active directory: Configuration information could
not be
read from the domain controller, either because the machine is
unavailable, or a
ccess has been denied.
CVSNT initialised successfully
CreateProcess((null),cvs --win32_socket_io=1748 authserver)
006122d2: Process started
006123fb: Process terminated

Hope that helps. If not, how can I access/activate more detailed logs?
-- Sascha

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Sascha Konrad wrote:
>
>> I am using 2.5.01.1976, I think an upgrade to 2001 broke it. But no
>> matter what I do now (un- and reinstall CVSNT, Tortoise, etc.), I
>> can't seem to be able to revive the SSL connection. Pserver and the
>> like work fine though. Does anybody have any suggestions?
>>
> Check on the server logs.  The client side of SSL doesn't give any hints
> as to what is wrong (probably a security thing).
>
> Tony

-------------------------------------
"Good judgement comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgement"