[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT SSL problem

Sascha Konrad konradsa at cse.msu.edu
Fri Jul 8 19:19:38 BST 2005

Ok,

There seems to have been a problem with my event log on my side. New
events did not show up, but now after I cleared the log it works again.

Ok, now I get the cvsnt messages in my event log. When the SSL connect
fails, then I get the following two events in this order:

Couldn't read certificate (0): error:0906D06C:PEM
routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line

SSL connection failed (-1): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

I guess that means something is wrong with my certificate. I checked in
my CVSNT settings, the SSL certificate file and private key file both
point to the file ca.pem in my CVSNT folder. Permission are set to
everyone, full control.

-- Sascha

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Sascha Konrad wrote:
>
>> There is nothing in the XP event viewer at all from cvsnt, or do you
>> mean a different event log? Is there no option to make CVSNT write log
>> information into a file?
>

> That probably means it's not connecting to the server at all.  You'll
> have at least server startup messages/shutdown messages there though.
>
> Do the other protocols work?
>
> Tony

-------------------------------------
"Good judgement comes from experience