[cvsnt] Strange problem with module capitalisation and "NULL value for key"

user at domain.invalid user at domain.invalid
Mon Jul 11 12:00:08 BST 2005

Hi,

We have recently had a problem with cvs running on Windows 2000.  When
we do any cvs action the following is embedded in the cvs output:

	cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `ModuleName1'
	cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `ModuleName2'

This appears to point to some form of corruption in the repository
somewhere, who knows where!  Any thoughts on this message?

Also, when we do a command like ls or checkout on a module, we get a
message of the form:

cvs -d:ntserver:<servername>:/<repo> ls ModuleName1

cvs server: cannot chdir to D:/cvs/cvsrepo/<repo>/ad:No such file or dir

Note that the path its trying to chdir to is not what we would expect at
all.

Interestingly though when I change the capitalisation of ModuleName1 to
anything other than the capitalisation it is in the repository there is
no problem.  So the following works:

cvs -d:ntserver:<servername>:/<repo> ls MOduleName1
cvs -d:ntserver:<servername>:/<repo> ls MoDuleName1
cvs -d:ntserver:<servername>:/<repo> ls ModUleName1
cvs -d:ntserver:<servername>:/<repo> ls ModuLeName1
etc...

Any thoughts on this?  Any help would be appreciated!

---
David