[cvsnt] Re: Cut off binary file in CVSNT 2.5.01.1976 (maybe unicode issue)

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 11 16:04:49 BST 2005

Oliver Koltermann wrote:
> The only thing worth noting is maybe, that the file has the
> substitution mode 'u' in the log output. Revisions 1.1 and 1.2 are
> also mode 'u'. Beginning with 1.3 all revisions have mode 'b'.

You switched file mode to binary..  that means everyhing comes out
literally... it's a different situation (you also lose merge, keywords,
etc.).

0xd0 isn't special to cvsnt at all.  btw. is this the source data in
UTF8 (in which case it's the first part of a two character encoding) or
the destination data in UCS2?

> Does anybody have an idea what's causing this strange behaviour?
> Should I change the old revisions modes away from 'u'? And how would I
> do this? (cvs admin? :-S)

You don't want to do this as the revision deltas are stored as UTF8 not
UCS2 like the binary version will be.  There's no way to safely
retroactively change the type of an old revision (maybe for some minor
changes, but definately not -ku to -kb).