[cvsnt] Re: Missing merge point on files which was initially added on branch

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jul 14 14:34:43 BST 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:16:28 +0200, "Thomas Bergmann" <news at hatoka.de>
wrote:

>1. If I add a file (file2.txt in example) initially on branch, then the
>first mergepoint (from release branch to main branch) is missing.
>
>2. A file (file1.txt) is marked as changed, on merge to a second branch
>but the file is equal as the existing. normally an update resets
>files marks if nothing is changed, but not in this case.

If you want an analysis of a problem like this the very least you
could supply is the actual CVSNT version (server side) you are using.
And don't state it as "the latest" or something similar. It must be
like 2.5.01.2013 or similar. THat is the only way anyone can analyze
your problem.
BTW there was a build or two that did this.....

/Bo Berglund