[cvsnt] File Locking problems on CVSNT 2.5.01

Roman Rozinov rroman at asu.edu
Tue Jul 19 00:10:02 BST 2005

I have Installed CVSNT 2.5.01 Build 1976 on Windows XP SP2 with no
firewall using a default installation options.  Using the web guide at
http://cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips as my reference,  I have created
the folder D:\CVS as my repository through the CVSNT control panels.
Then, I have opened a command-line shell,  and set the CVSROOT to a
local path D:\CVS, and my current path at C:\temp.  I performed "CVS co
CVSROOT" which executed successfully.  Then, I have tried to update the
repository after editing file cvswrappers, and I get the following error
"cvs [update aborted]: Failed to obtain lock on /.directory_history,v:
FAIL Lock not within repository".  I have verified that Locking Server
Service is running through the control panel.
Is this a known issue?  I am not sure how to proceed. I've not modified
any other options.

Thanks,

________

Roman Rozinov
Technology Support Analyst
Network Technology, OCM, IT
Arizona State University

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them."-Albert Einstein