[cvsnt] how to access CVSNT across a network?

Linh Thuy Nguyen L.Nguyen at patrick.acu.edu.au
Fri Jul 22 12:42:35 BST 2005

Hello,

Sorry I'm a newbie to CVSNT and WinCVS and I got quite confused trying to
set them up to work for my students. I could set them up to work on one
single machine (localhost), but cannot set them up to connect on machines
across the campus LAN. I've read several documents and emails but still
got very confused. I guess the first step is that I must be able to login,
but all I got seems to be nothing. (The fish in the WinCVS status bar just
got stirred up a bit and then nothing happened after that.) Is login the
right place to start or somewhere else?

Also my next step is to set them up so the students can access the server
from their homes. Is that possible and how?

Thank you very much for any pointer!

Sincerely,
Pauline.