[cvsnt] Cannot acces CVSNT + Turtoise with SSPI

Eric Paschoalick Chaves ask_me at news.group
Tue Jul 26 16:02:59 BST 2005

Hi Folks,

    I'm new to CVS/CVSNT and I'm facing some problems to set up my server. I
did install CVSNT on a Windows 2003 Server (workgroup, not AD Domain).
    I'm using a second drive for the repository and temp files as suggested
by the CVSNT wiki pages. I'd like to create two repositories so the
directory structure was:

    D:\CVSRepository
    D:\CVSRepository\Tecnologia <-- TI department
    D:\CVSRepository\Comercial  <-- Businness department
    D:\CVSTemp

    I Also create the groups CVSAdmin, CVSReaders, CVSWriters. And a local
user named Eric is added to all of them. The properly NTFS permissions was
granted on top of CVSRepository and full permission as granted for all
groups on CVSTemp.

    Afte initializing the repositories, I move the on Windows XP client with
the turtoise where I try to make a checkout on asandbox dir with the
following parameters:
Protocol: SSPI
Server: DC01
Repository folder: /CVSRepository/Tecnologia
Username: Eric
Module: . <-- (dot)

But then I got the following error:
-------
In C:\CVSRepository: "C:\Arquivos de programas\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q"
"-x" "checkout" "-P" "."
CVSROOT=:sspi:eric at dc01:2401/CVSRepository/Tecnologia
cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server dc01: -1: Unknown
error
Error, CVS operation failed
-------

I have found some tutorials on the internet to setup the server, but they
all seem to refer to an old CVSNT version, as some options that they point
(like Impersonate Users) are not available on the version that I have
installed (2.5.0.1 build 1976).

Does anyone have any hints about what I'm doing wrong here?

Best regards,

Eric.