[cvsnt] Modules2 status

John Hall john-news2 at cambridgetechgroup.com
Thu Jul 28 11:47:13 BST 2005

I tried converting my modules file to the new Modules2 format under 2.5.01
(build 1976), and encountered a few problems? What is the status of Modules2
support? I read the documentation on the wiki and it seems a bit incomplete.

The issues I found are as follows:

1. non-recursion doesn't seem to work

[project]
/ = !some/module

This checks out all the folders below some/module too.

2. Can't seem to overlay modules

[project]
/ = some/module
subdir/module1 = common/module1
subdir/module2 = common/module2

This is where 'some/module' has a subdirectory called 'subdir' that contains
files. The directory 'module1' is created, but none of the files from
some/module/subdir are checked out.

regards,
John Hall