[cvsnt] Unicode files corrupted at checkout (2.5.01.1976)

Vitaly Kouzin kouzin at infotecs.ru
Fri Jul 29 07:41:39 BST 2005

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded our CVSNT server and clients from 2.0.58d to
2.5.01.1976.  Today we have run into trouble with Unicode (UCS2)
files: although the files are stored in repository as binary, at
checkout they are translated by CVSNT from UCS2 to client's (ANSI)
codepage.  If I remove or change UCS2 marker at the beginning of a
Unicode file it is checked out correctly.

For us this is a severe problem.  Perhaps it is somehow related to
ticket #55 though our files were originally added to repository as -kb
and were never changed to -ku.

In any case we'd like to stay with 2.5.01.1976.  Is it possible to fix
the problem without upgrading to a non-stable CVSNT version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards,
 Vitaly