[cvsnt] Re: remote logins returning "no such repository"

dzielke at aep.com dzielke at aep.com
Fri Jul 29 13:51:50 BST 2005

The xinetd.d directory has the cvs setup file cvspserver which contains:

service cvspserver
{
        disable         = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        group           = cafdev
        log_type        = FILE /var/log/cvspserver
        env             = HOME=/tmp
        server          = /usr/bin/cvs
        server_args     = --allow-root=/usr/local/cvs pserver
#       log_on_success  += DURATION USERID
#       log_on_failure  += USERID
}

We were missing the server_args line and had env set incorrectly.  We
don't have a /etc/cvsnt folder on our machine.  We're still having
problems getting LINUX to pass the user password information from the
Windows domain to CVSNT (via Samba/PAM) to authenticate users.  Right now
we have to set a local password for each user.  (I gave them the support
information but they are being stubborn about paying for support...)

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power
Direct (614) 583-6337