[cvsnt] Windows Server 2003 service pack 1 install broke my cvsnt

David L. Nadle david at nadle.com
Fri Jul 29 21:26:12 BST 2005

> Since it's SSPI the standard security auditing will give more
> information server side.  cvsnt itself doesn't know
> necessarily why the
> login failed.

OK. Maybe I'll find out someday what changed with SP1. For now I am up
and running again with :fork:

It's strange because the Security Audit did not report any failures.
CruiseControl had an intriguing exception:

ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.Core.CruiseControlException: Source control
operation failed: cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory
F:\CVSTEMP/cvs-serv3952: Permission denied . Process command: C:\Program
Files\cvsnt\cvs.exe -d :sspi:<my hostname>:\cvsroot -q log -N -b
"-d>2005-07-29 13:25:44 GMT" at <rest of line snipped>

I set the file permissions wide open on both cvstemp and cvsroot, adding
local service and everyone and giving full control, but it had no
effect.

Regards,
David Nadle