[cvsnt] Issue with -kk keyword substitution

Dario Souza dario at datscom.com.br
Thu Jun 2 21:59:42 BST 2005

Hi,
First of all, thanks for great product. I've been using cvsnt for 2 years
now, and its unicode support is what forced me to use it and I am very happy
about it. ;-)

I'd like to know if this issue has been solved in current cvsnt release
2.5.01.1976:

WARNING: In versions of CVS prior to 1.12.2, there was a major problem with
using `-kk' on merges. Namely, `-kk' overrode any default keyword expansion
mode set in the archive file in the repository. This could, unfortunately
for some users, cause data corruption in binary files (with a default
keyword expansion mode set to `-kb'). Therefore, when a repository contained
binary files, conflicts had to be dealt with manually rather than using
`-kk' in a merge command.

That caused big binary file corruption in my source tree when using cvsnt
2.0.8 Jul 24 2003

Thanks,
Dario Andrade
Executive Director