[cvsnt] Re: Problem occurred during adding new file at the branch (cvsnt 2.5.01)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 7 06:36:00 BST 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:39:45 +0900, "Alex Han" <alex at beeslab.com>
wrote:

>When I add a new file at the branch in the CVSNT of the version 2.0.58d,
>the revision number was created as 1.1.2.1.
>
>But, in new version 2.5.01, it was created as 1.1.

Wrong, revision 1.1 is only used for a new file added to the TRUNK.

>In this case, when new file is added, I think, revision number 1.1.2.1 is
>right.
>Isn't it kind of bug?

No, it is usage error. You have not put your sandbox on the branch.
You might have put the files in the sandbox on the branch (by
selecting them all in WinCvs for example and running an update with
branch specification). You need to do the update one level up so that
the entire folder gets onto the branch.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)